01 January 2011

Happy New Year!

It's been over four months since I have posted anything.  So, what?!?  :)  I can explain!  Labor Day 2010 was my last day on maternity leave and my baby girl is now in daycare.  In short, I have less time to sit in front of a keyboard and type things that others may or may not have an interest.  And when I would have otherwise had the time, I have chosen to spend quality time with her and my husband instead.

But, today is the beginning of a New Year and there is no better time to make a few resolutions.  Let's start with this blog.  What good is it to have a blog if it is not going to be updated on a regular basis?  I hope to post in my blog at least once every month during 2011.

Every few years or so, I dive into my ancestry.  I get curious and want to know more about my roots.  Just recently, this has happened to me again.  I vow to not get over-zealous all at once and let my curiosity burn hard and fizzle out this time.  For the first time, I not only have roots, but I also have branches!  This is exciting for me and I feel as though I need to do this for my daughter.  Therefore, I hope to spend time in a genealogy library approximately once a month throughout 2011.  I am going to try to get a couple of other family members on-board and make it a family outing.

So far, I have been exclusively breastfeeding my daughter.  She is now just over six months old.  I am proud of myself for being able to stick to it even after returning to work.  I was committed to providing my daughter the best possible nutrition and nurturing, and my commitment has paid off.  She is healthy and happy and growing so fast.  She is strong and intelligent and beautiful, too!  Introducing solid food is on the horizon, and  I am still committed to providing my daughter the best.  I plan to not ever buy jarred baby food for my daughter.  I hope I am able to make all of her food for her.  I understand it is the most economical and healthy way to feed a baby solid food.  I hope to use mostly organic fruits and vegetables in my daughter's food, which may cost a little more, but given that breast milk will continue to be her primary source of nutrition throughout the first year, I think I can splurge a little when it comes to her solids.

Perhaps this post hasn't been interesting.  But, hopefully it will be functional.  I have heard that putting one's goals down in writing is one step closer to meeting those goals.  Let's hope so!  And, I hope each of you have a very pleasant and blessed 2011!

No comments: